Buyers, your time is valuable. Let me do the legwork.
Looking for your ideal home on your own, without a Realtor, means someone else might find it first. As your buyer's agent I can zero in on the homes that best meet your requirements, arrange your showings, and negotiate the best terms and price for you.
Not every home seller runs an ad in the local paper or puts a sign up in the yard. In fact, many homes actually sell before there is ever a need to advertise them. As your buyer's agent I offer you market expertise augmented by access to complete, regularly updated information about every home listed by area agents through the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). Find homes online
Real estate is all about location, location, location.
Get the facts and info you need for any location you choose. Explore local market conditions, sales trends and more through our detailed yet easy to understand videos.
7 ways I can help you with your home search/purchase:
If you're considering moving to Lake Forest or Lake Bluff, you need someone who knows this area inside and out! I can work with you to find the right home at the right price for you, including all the neighborhood amenities that matter - not to mention the essential criteria you have for your ideal home.
- I know the community and can point out the schools, parks, playgrounds, shops, and more.
- I can show you more of the homes available throughout the area.
- I subscribe to at least one Multiple Listing Service (MLS). This means you'll have access to information on approximating 90% of all homes for sale in the community.
- I have the products, services, and know-how to find the home right for you and market your present home for a faster, more profitable sale.
- I can offer you protection against unexpected repair bills in your new home.
- I can offer you warranty protection on your new home.
- I listen to your needs and respond as a friend, showing as much interest in your satisfaction as in making the transaction.
Looking for real estate on Chicago's North Shore?
I can help you find homes for sale and give you information about the local real estate market, whether you are ready to buy now or just starting your search.
Jeannie Emmert 847.735.7635
8 questions to ask when looking at a home
Many people buy a home to get extra space for growing families, changing lifestyles, or to more comfortably host guests. Extra space also makes homes more appealing to buyers when it comes time to sell. Here are 8 questions to ask—and answer—when looking at properties:
- Is there enough room for you now and in the near future?
- Is the home's floor plan right for your family?
- Is there enough storage space?
- Will you have to replace the appliances?
- Is the yard the size that you want?
- Are there enough bathrooms?
- How much maintenance and/or decorating will you need to do right away or later?
- Will your present furniture work in this home?
As a rule of thumb, ask any questions you have about specific rooms, features, or functions. Pay particular attention to areas that you feel could become "problem" areas—additions, defects, areas that have been repaired.